Monday, April 6, 2009

Whine? No! Part II

The 20% discount sale at Albertsons ends tomorrow at midnight (4/07/09); be there before midnight strikes.

Given this information, I went back for a THIRD wine adventure.  This time I went with all Columbia Crest Wines.  The rebate is for the Grand Estate or Two Vines collections.  I came to know the Grand Estates wine through a wine enthusiast who was head over heels in love with one of the 2003 reds.  Given his recommendation and my limited knowledge (aside from, "ugh, good, Nikki Like"), I have kept my eye on this brand.

To make life simpler for my blog, Albertsons not only priced the Two Vines merlot, cab and chardonnay all at $7.49 but also discounted them the same so all 6 were $6.58.  Okay, math time.  The 6 bottles at the $6.58 reduced price came to $39.48.  20% off takes $7.89 off the total price.  Cost after the 20% = $31.59.  Now take off the $18 rebate (remember the tag around the neck of the wine bottle?); my total cost was $13.59 for 6 bottles of wine.

New tip: if you want to do more than one rebate program with one trip to the store, ask the cashier for a duplicate receipt.  The rebate requests an original receipt but the head of the wine department at the Albertsons on 16th and State in Boise said they will accept a duplicate receipt from the register.  Remember to read the rebate instructions very carefully.  They're tricky.

Have fun.


3 comments:

  1. Nik I am so all over this! I have some catching up to do on wine drinking over the last 9.5 months and I love a good deal just as much as you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that on one of the offers you actually had to soak the label off and bottle and send in the UPC code with the form. It is funny how each rebate offer was a little different so be sure to read the fine print!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you definitely have to read the fine print. There are also a couple where you need one of those tags for each of the bottles. You can usually find enough but if you can't find enough you have to ask somebody at the store for more. Fortunately, at the Albs on 16th and State you can just ask the wine department manager who circulates through the wine section a lot. She has stacks of the coupons in her office so don't think you're robbing anybody if you have to take more than one rebate tag.

    ReplyDelete